Name: Greta Dulkytė
- Instruments: vocals, piano
- Experience: winner of various international, republican competitions. She has performed on one stage with various lithuanian pop and classic stars, as Rosita Čivilytė, Vytautas Juozapaitis, etc.
1. Tell me how and when did you realize you’re prone to music?
It all started at the age of 3 when I met my first vocal teacher. It was a man who helped to understand what I wanted and what I needed being so young: participating in Lithuania’s children’s competition “Song”, concerts with children’s POP choirs – it was an engine to go farther and keep going – and that’s where I am now.
2. Did your parents support your choice, or have you had difficulty moving toward your dream?
Difficulties have undoubtedly came to me. I’ve never been a standard singer to please many. Exclusivity is my hallmark. My parents are very supportive of me. If it wasn’t them, I wouldn’t have left alone to learn singing far away from them, and be this day I still have support from them on this road.
3. What genre of music do you prefer?
Although I sing classics myself, I always had POP, R&B, soul music genres at my heart.
4. How do you see your future related to music? Want to learn something new, maybe have new ideas?
I see myself as a teacher, helping young people achieve their dreams, to be the same as my first vocal teacher. I also want to perform, get acquainted with the still undiscovered kitchen of opera singing.
5. What advice would you give to someone who would like to test themselves in the realm of music but has not yet decided. How do you be encouraged to test yourself and help unleash your desire?
Man, I’m addressing to you. Life really isn’t that long to consider. It needs to be done. It’s important not to be afraid, dare, get up, and do it. Fail? Try again. And yes, until you succeed. Do not let fire and desire to enter your heart. Because it takes you where you need to be. Fewer questions – more answers.